Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:40:27 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Getz <getz@gadot.org.il>
Subject:   Relative importance of variables in multinomial regression

Hi list, Is there a way to identify the effects of different IV in multinomial regression? Menard (1995) and Long (1997) proposed how to calculate the standardized deviation, and it can be done also for every category of the DV in multinomial regression, but I want to estimate the relative importance of the IV for the complete model. Can I use The likelihood ratio test as a measure of the order of importance of my variables? Any other suggestion? TIA

Shlomo Getz The Institute for the Research of the Kibbutz University of Haifa Tel: Home: 04-6939150 Work: 04-8240418