Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:10:39 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Asesoría Bioestadística <bioestadistica@eresmas.net>
Subject:   Re: filter

> I only want the frequency run for a204bus=3; and I don't wanna use GUI ;) > a204bus takes values from 0 to 8 - do I have to transform data for each > frequency I want to run per employment status?? > > > FILTER BY a204bus =3 . > EXECUTE. > FREQUENCIES > VARIABLES=a101age > /STATISTICS=MODE > /BARCHART FREQ > /ORDER= ANALYSIS .

Hi Sabina:

To my knowledge, "FILTER BY varname" only accepts binary variables. Use the GUI to generate the syntax that selects the data if "a204bus=3", then paste it into your code. You will be surprised by its lenght.

Another solution is:

TEMPORARY. SELECT IF a204bus=3. FREQUENCIES.............

HTH

Marta