Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:08:33 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Parry, James" <jparry@spss.com>
Subject:   Re: exporting tables from spss to word
Comments:   To: Username <Username@UNL.AC.UK>

Yes, the problem is that you are using Word 97. Word 97 is not ACTIVE-X enabled (OLE2). This means that it doesn't understand the object 'pivot table' or what to do with it! You can only paste as a Picture, RTF, or Unformatted Text into Word97. If you 'need' to do the editing in a word processor, then you can use Word Pad, which is the oldest ActiveX enabled destination application (I believe). If you have Windows you have Wordpad (accessories).

Best,

James

PS: If you are completely unable to paste into Word97, then the ActiveX is probably activated in your SPSS environment. To disable it for future pasting into Word97, you would have to go into (usually) c:\program files\spss\objs-off.bat. To turn it back on for pasting into other activex enabled applications *:\objs-on.bat.

-Best

-----Original Message----- From: Username [mailto:Username@UNL.AC.UK] Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 11:22 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: exporting tables from spss to word

in the past I have always been able to copy tables from spss into Word and then edit the tables in word. I have followed all the instructions provided but it won't work - I now have spss11 and word 97 - can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong!

thanks

Linda