Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Aug 2002 19:52:59 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Dorfman <paul_dorfman@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: proc code
Comments: To: pudding_man@lycos.com

From: Puddin' Man <pudding_man@LYCOS.COM>

>Robert Stratton (rstratton@phd.co.uk) queried: > >Are the SAS-supplied procedure written directly in "machine code", or > >Yes. The "Gnomes of SI" code directly in binary. This >gets "Right To The Point"! > >It looks kinda like: > > opcode1 operand1 > opcode2 operand2 > ...

>'cept it ain't so readable.

Puddin',

Not just that, but, as I have learned from a reliable source (perhaps at the meeting code-named as some sort of "massacre"), SI developers are only allowed to use keyboards containing no more than two keys: 0 and 1. To achieve the effect of Enter, them po' folks have to press 0 and 1 in a perfect sync (no more than 0.01 second apart). You would not think they get their M&M's and all other perks for nothing, would you?

Kind regards, ============ Paul Dorfman -------- JAX, Fla. ============