Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:11:02 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Uddin, Mohammad" <mohammad_uddin@GROTON.PFIZER.COM>
Subject:      by statement:proc report

Hello 'proc report' Gurus,

I have a simple (I guess) question,

I have variable called qn with three values, say, abc, pqr and xyz; If I want to get a report using by variable qn, like

proc report data=a; column a b c d; defilne a ... define b ... define c ... define d ...

by qn;

this is what I get in the output after title etc,

QN=abc in first page, QN=pqr in second page and QN=xyz in third page.

Now, my question is "How can I change the look of the output?" .

I just want to see abc, pqr and xyz (want to discard QN= part).

I can to do it using if condition or using format in previous data step but can I change the look of it using some king of options in proc freq?

Thanks in advance.

Mohammad

Mohammad Uddin Statistical Analysis and Reporting (StAR) Pfizer Global Research & Development 50 Pequot Avenue New London, CT 06320 Phone: (860) 732 0740 EMail: mohammad_uddin@groton.pfizer.com

LEGAL NOTICE Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.