Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:25:34 +0300
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Arjen Raateland <arjen.raateland@YMPARISTO.FI>
Subject:   Re: ODS RTF using Proc Report with ORDER columns

Wendy Sense wrote: > I found the same thing for the PDF destination as well (at least, > under V8.2 for Windows NT) - order variable values did not repeat on > subsequent pages.

Thanks Wendy & others for your replies. The PDF reports from my application are pretty much OK now for practical purposes. I added STYLE options to some columns setting width etc.

During testing I noticed a new 'problem' in that the margin settings (options statement) seem to work awkwardly.

When I set leftmargin to a value like 4 cm, the table stays put close to the left paper edge, but from the right hand side some columns are moved to the next page. I can understand that all colums don't fit the page, but the left margin should increase. Not that I need this big a margin, but modest left margin values didn't seem to make a difference. The table always came out at about 1 cm from the left size edge.

I did some testing with the other margins, too, but that was inconclusive as well. In short, margins settings make a difference, but I can't tell how they work and I can't seem to get a left margin of any other size than a little over 1 cm. Margins settings of 0 cm leave quite a bit of space around all edges. Paper size is set to "ISO A4".

I would be interested to read what others have found on this subject.

TIA, -- Arjen Raateland Finnish Environment Institute SYKE Research Dept. SAS Support phone +358 9 4030 0350