Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:48:35 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Wendy Sense <wendy.e.sense@GSK.COM>
Subject:   Re: ODS RTF using Proc Report with ORDER columns

Arjen Raateland wrote:

> Changing RTF output in an application to PDF was a quick job, but it > didn't correct the problem of not having order values repeat on each > page. They still don't show up, although in PDF there is no reason to > leave them out like in RTF. > Can anybody confirm this or can it be helped somehow? > > Apart from not correcting the order value problem I now also got two new > problems, which may be easier to fix, though. > > The last column of one of the reports doesn't fit any longer and gets > moved to another page. > I suppose I need to set the columns width with a STYLE option like those > I noticed in the sample code in the first post of this thread. > > The other thing is that column widths change from page to page ....

Arjen,

I found the same thing for the PDF destination as well (at least, under V8.2 for Windows NT) - order variable values did not repeat on subsequent pages.

With respect to column width, the quick fix is to adjust some column widths using the STYLE option on the DEFINE statements. Another option is to play with the CELLSPACING and CELLPADDING options.

To keep your columns uniform across pages, use the UNIFORM option on your ODS statement: ODS PDF FILE="filename" UNIFORM ;

Good luck! - Wendy

[text/html]