Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:28:43 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Chakravarthy, Venky" <Venky.Chakravarthy@PFIZER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Date format
Comments: To: "Livingston, Arthur (OIG/OAS)" <ALIVINGSTON@OIG.HHS.GOV>

Ya Huang has pointed out that I misinterpreted the poster's question. Thanks.

The format the poster is seeking is not yet a SAS supplied format. However, it is easy to create this with the PICTURE date directives:

proc format ; picture mydate low-high = '%y/%0d/%0m' (datatype = date) ; run ;

data _null_ ; newdate = input("08/01/99",mmddyy8.) ; chardate = put(input("08/01/99",mmddyy8.),mydate8.) ; put newdate=: mydate. chardate = ; run ;

-----Original Message----- From: Livingston, Arthur (OIG/OAS) [mailto:ALIVINGSTON@OIG.HHS.GOV] Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 2:58 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Date format

I have a date in the following format:

08/01/99

It is a character field - 8bytes. I would like to convert it to read as follows:

990108

Thanks for any help in advance.

Arthur Livingston Region III Advanced Techniques Staff 215-861-4501 x2014 215-861-4541 (Fax)