Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:16:32 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jay Weedon <jweedon@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to run Goodman-Kruskal Gamma test in SAS?

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:44:33 +0800, "YCF" <yiu628fan@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

>Hi all, > I have a dataset which is about the relationship between the income and >job satisfication: > >Income dissatisfed no opinion satisfied total ><6000 20 24 80 124 >6000-15000 22 38 28 88 >15000-25000 13 28 81 122 >>25000 7 18 54 79 > >Total 62 108 243 413 > > Now, I would like to apply the gamma test to see whether they are >independent or not, also I would like to find out the asymptotic variance of >the test statistics. How can I archieve this?

RTFM: In other words, look up GAMMA in the documentation and you'll see that you can get it by running proc freq with the /measures option in the tables statement. For your table gamma=0.067, asymptotic SE=0.0633.

If the dataset actually resembles the above (i.e., it has only 4 records), you can remove the totals then transpose it:

proc transpose data=old out=new name=satisfaction prefix=freq; by notsorted income;

before running weighted frequencies:

proc freq data=new; tables income*satisfaction /measures; weight freq1; run;

JW