Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:32:53 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "S. Zitzer" <sallyz@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      Re: SPSS 11.5 Tutorial and Case Studies not working for me
Comments: To: "Parnell, Melissa" <mparnell@spss.com>

Melissa,

I followed the directions to add the Tutorial to the Help menu. After clicking OK in the Menu Editor I get an error "Menu is invalid or missing for "C:\Program Files\sss11.5\tutorial\spsstut\introtut2.htm" in the registration database.

After clicking OK in that box I get another box that says:

Error adding menu item for application "C:\Program Files\sss11.5\tutorial\spsstut\introtut2.htm"

If I close SPSS and open it again I get those boxes repeated TWICE and have to keep clicking OK before the Data Editor opens.

When I try to go back into the Menu Editor I get the first error message TWICE before it lets me into Menu Editor. I wanted to DELETE what I had done, but I can't delete it because it was never added in the first place.

So now I'm left with having to click OK on a bunch of error messages all the time, and the Tutorial never got into the Help menu.

I am going to have to reinstall SPSS to get rid of all those error message.

I put a shortcut to introtut2.htm on my desktop, that seems to work fine.

Sally

Sally Zitzer, Statistical Software Consultant Computing & Communications University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA