Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:18:38 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Kaminski <Peter.Kaminski@glacomen.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject:      Practical help with transferring data with dates from Excel to
              SPSS

I have a number of spreadsheets that I am trying to transfer from Excel to SPSS for analysis. As I have previously posted the dates in one column of my excel file come out in SPSS as just a string of numbers. How can I transfer this data from Excel in the format dd/mm/yy into a column in SPSS with the format dd/mm/yy that I can then do frequency analysis on?

Thanks in advance to any wonderkid who can help

Peter Kaminski Research Nurse Greater Glasgow Primary Care NHS Trust Florence Street Resource Centre 26 Florence Street Glasgow G5 0YX

Telephone: 0141-429-2878 Mobile: 07884475269 e-mail: Peter.Kaminski@glacomen.scot.nhs.uk

Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be contained in this e-mail. The information and material is intended for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies. Thank you