Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:51:26 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Annette <anne5432@uni.de>
Subject:      Very tricky filter-Problem

Hi, I have a very tricky filter-problem. Please do help! It's very-very urgent! Background: I have to analyze missing data of a repeated measurements analysis. The analysis data set contained three variables VARTIME 1 to 3 and the var COVARIABLE. I counted the data by "count DATABASE= vartime1 vartime2 vartime3 COVARIABLE (missing sysmis)." DATABASE=0 gives me the correct number of nonmissing variables of the analysis performed before (including the COVARIABLE, very important!). DATABASE=1 to 4 0 give me the numbers of missing variables. However, missings values of the COVARIABLE are counted too. However, I need DATABASE 1 to 3 categories that containing the number of missings of VARTIMEs without counting the missings of COVARIABLE too. In short, I need a group variable whose values (categories) fulfill the following conditions: 0=number of nonmissing variables including COVARIABLE (count-sample above produces correct value). 1=number of one missing VARTIMEx ("x" indicates it doesnt't matter which) without numbers of missing COVARIABLE. 2=number of two missing VARTIMEx. ("x" indicates it doesnt't matter which) without numbers of missing COVARIABLE. 3=number of all VARTIMEs missing without numbers of missing COVARIABLE. Thank you so much in advance for your precious time and effort! Annette