Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:21:56 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Heisler, Kurt W" <HeisleKW@CHKD.COM>
Subject:      Query/ODBC problem

I defined an ODBC connection (Access 2000) to use with an SPSS 11.5 file (called "Survey.sav").

I saved a query so that I can re-use it to update the Survey.sav file with the latest data from the Access database.

The problem is that when I open up Survey.sav and then run the query (File > Open Database > Run Query . . .), SPSS creates a new file with the updated data instead of updating the Survey.sav file. The new file is named "Untitled" and does not have the variable labels and values assigned in Survey.sav.

How can I set up the query so that my working file, Survey.sav, is updated, instead of a new .sav file being created?

Thanks.

Kurt