Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:19:14 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mahbub Khandoker <Mahbub_Khandoker@camh.net>
Subject:      Re: dates
Comments: To: "kalanda@liverpool.ac.uk" <bkalanda@yahoo.com>

Hi there, You can try this COMPUTE month = XDATE.MONTH(date_var) . EXECUTE .

Thanks. Mahbub Khandoker

-----Original Message----- From: kalanda@liverpool.ac.uk [mailto:bkalanda@yahoo.com] Sent: October 16, 2002 10:13 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: dates

Dear all

I have a date variable (day-month-year). Out of this I want to create a variable which just shows month. Which function should I use?.

Boniface Kalanda

LSTM