Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:46:53 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Geoff Matthews <geoff.matthews@waterford.org>
Subject:      Re: design question (Non SPSS)
Comments: To: Tony Baglioni <tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com>

Here's a web program that will do it for you:

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Geoff Matthews

-----Original Message----- From: Tony Baglioni [mailto:tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 10:26 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: design question (Non SPSS)

I've forgotten so many basics. Can anyone tell me how to calculate the needed sample size for a simple query? I know the probability of an event is 3/10,000. What sample size is needed to verify there are no cases present?

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Tony

Tony Baglioni, PhD

The Epsilon Group, LLC

120 Whitewood Road<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Charlottesville, VA 22901 USA

434.975.0097 x302

434.975.0477 (fax)

tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com <mailto:tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com>