Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:26:13 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: Syntax and EM (answer to Q2)

Hi

For Q2, see http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Syntax/batch/RunSyntaxFromBatchFileOrComma ndLine.txt

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS Pages http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Peter Mulhall Sent: October 16, 2002 5:39 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Syntax and EM

This is my first time submitting to the group, so firstly hello to all and secondly pardon me for being a bit pushy as I have two questions. Q1. When using the Expectation Maximisation (EM) algorithm in the Missing Values Analysis module an EM-estimated covariance matrix is presented in the output. Does anyone know of syntax that would allow you to save this matrix to a separate file?

Q2. Can you tell me how to call SPSS, with a specific syntax file from DOS.

Many thanks Peter Mulhall