Date:         Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:46:55 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mark Casazza <Mark.Casazza@domino1.cuny.edu>
Subject:      Re: Syntax Manual
Comments: To: M˝rcio Machado Ribeiro <marcio_m_r@hotmail.com>

The syntax manual is on the CD that the software came on in PDF format. When you install SPSS, do a custom install, NOT whatever the default is, and then check the box where it asks if you want to install the manual. After SPSS is installed you'll find the manual under the help menu. If you install modules, the manuals for those should install as well.

FWIW, you might be able to do an "update" rather than having to remove SPSS and then start from scratch--sometimes you have to start over, sometimes you don't. I never figured out why.... I also never understood why the default is to NOT install the documentation. Anyway, hope this helps.

Mark

Mark V. Casazza Director of Academic Information The City University of New York 555 W. 57th St. Suite 1240 New York, NY 10019

phone: 212.541.0396 fax: 212.541.0392 email: Mark.Casazza@mail.cuny.edu

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of M˝rcio Machado Ribeiro Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 9:34 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Syntax Manual

Hi listers,

Does anybody knows or have a syntax manual of the SPSS, otherwise just tell me a site that I could download this manual.

Thanks,

M˝rcio Ribeiro

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. Click Here