Date:         Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:01:37 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Seumas Rogan <seumasr@martynia.hrp.arizona.edu>
Subject:      SPSS dates in V10.05 and V11.0.1

Hello everyone!

I had a file which contained date fields in MMDDYY in SPSS 10.0.5. All of the dates occurred in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 or 2002.

I recently upgraded to SPSS 11.0.1 and now have some problems with the date fields. As far as I can tell, all of the dates in 2000, 2001 and 2002 have been changed to 1900, 1901 and 1902.

I understand from the online help that there is a setting that allows the user to specify the century range for 2-digit years, but this does not seem to help me at the moment. I am checking the hardcopies now to make sure that only the year has been changed, i.e., the month and day are correct, as I can write syntax to increment the year by 100 and save as a new date.

I would like to know if anyone else has had the same problem, or if you would have any advice as to why this happened?

Thanks for any advice or comments!

SR

seumasr@hrp.arizona.edu