Date:         Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:36:39 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Srafreakette@aol.com
Subject:      simple question

I have the following numbers by market (subset below).

market cases w/missed apts # appt missed avg apts missed/case 1 5 8 1.6 2 10 18 1.8 3 15 28 1.866667 4 20 25 1.25 5 25 24 0.96 TOTAL 75 103 1.373333

I have been asked to identify outliers by market (that is markets that are performing drammatically different from the overall mean). I can calculate the overall average number of appointments missed per case. Don't I need case level data to calculate the standard deviation? Or can I just use the scores here?

Thanks.

S.R.A.