Date:         Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:29:04 +0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         LRS <lrs@unn.ac.ru>
Subject:      how to close the file via syntax

Hi, I use the syntax of kind that I found in Raynald's site (see below). I need to run it several times in a syntax file and I whant to use the same temporary file (c:\temp.sav) each time. However, when I run this syntax second time (starting from "COMPUTE nobreak...", without redefining data) the error occures (Error # 62 in column 19. Text: c:\temp.sav >The file is already in use.) I suspect that I have to close somehow the file c:\temp.sav to proceed, but how to do that?

Thanks in advance. Anton Balabanov, Chair of Applied Statistics, Assistant University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

DATA LIST LIST /x y. BEGIN DATA 2 5 3 3 4 4 END DATA. LIST.

COMPUTE nobreak=1. AGGREGATE OUTFILE='c:\temp.sav' /BREAK=nobreak /maxy=MAX(y). MATCH FILES FILE=* /TABLE='c:\temp.sav' /BY=nobreak. COMPUTE z=x/maxy. EXECUTE.