Date:         Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:03:11 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         rjmcleod <julie_mcleod@ALUMNI.WLU.EDU>
Subject:      Questions about formatting Igraphs with syntax

Hi everyone!

I have several questions regarding formatting igraphs via syntax (or script?) - if it's possible. I need to create a few thousand similar graphs, and it would be MUCH easier if I can figure out how to automate these instead of formatting manually for each graph (as I have done in the past).

(1) Reference Lines - Is it possible to have SPSS draw a reference line at the median (whatever that value may be for a given subset of scores)? Or do I have to specify the value as a number?

(2) Reference Lines - Is it possible to assign a label to a reference line that has words, not just the value (e.g. District Median = 61)?

(3) Labels - Can I get the labels in the bars of a bar chart to be at the inside end (inside top of bar)? I only see the options of INSIDE or OUTSIDE - inside produces inside at the base.

(4) Tick interval - can I adjust the tick interval? I have a MIN of 0 and a MAX of 100 and I would like the ticks to be every 10 (instead of every 25 like SPSS does automatically).

(5) Labels (not values) in title - the subtest varies within each graph and is therefore referred to as !subtest in the macro. I currently have the title as !subtest, but it gives me the value, and I would prefer the label.

(6) Bar width - Is there any way to adjust the bar width? I would prefer skinnier bars, so I have been manually adjusting the bar width to 75% instead of 85%.

Thank you in advance. I greatly appreciate any advice! Julie McLeod