Date:         Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:42:43 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Frank Thomas <frankthomasft@netscape.net>
Subject:      Re: map
Comments: To: Meriadeg Jaouen <meriadeg@hotmail.com>

Meriadeg, the map file format SPSS uses is the MapInfo format. The ESRI site gves you access to free borderline files with the NUTS 2 level regions you seek but you have to translate the more generic file formats the ESRI site offers into the mapinfo format. This is where the real difficulty lies. To find such a file format converter you should ask a discussion group on geographic information systems. I have not tried the following way but I guess it might work: Excel map files are also in MapInfo format. So if you have access to excel files for the countries you want to cover you might try to import them.

bonne chance

Frank

-- ---------------------------- Frank Thomas FTR Internet Research 321, boulevard de la Boissière 93110 Rosny-sous-Bois France tél. 0033.1.48.94.36.90