Date:         Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:39:14 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Partridge <partridge.6@osu.edu>
Subject:      Importing data from MYSQL database into SPSS11

Group,

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to access and import data into SPSS 11 from a MYSQL database using the "File->Open Database->New Query" function on the drop-down menu. If someone can give me some advice on what SPSS Data Access Pack components will work best, as well as tips on the actual procedures, I would be very grateful.

Regards, CRP

Charles R. Partridge Senior Research Analyst Global Risk Assessment Device (GRAD) Project Adolescent Network Research Initiative The Ohio State University 807 Kinnear Road Columbus, OH 43212-1421 PHONE: 614.292.8343 E-MAIL: Partridge.6@osu.edu