Date:         Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:41:23 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tasneem Jappie <tech@spss-sa.com>
Subject:      IGraph script

Hi,

I'm busy modifying an IGraph script. I call 7 subroutines which all format the IGraph in some way. All of these sub routines, except one, iterate through all IGraphs. When I include the sub below I get the following error message: "SetMyVariableManager=MyIGraph.VariableMgr(&h80004005) (&80004005)Exception 80004005". When I exclude it, all the remaining routines run through all the IGraphs in the output window.

Do you why this is so, and what can I do about it.

Const SpssIGraphX1 As Integer = 0 Const SpssIGraphY As Integer = 1 Const SpssIGraphGridLineAtMajorTicks As Integer = 0 Const spssAxisLabelAllCategories As Integer = 2 Const spssAxisLabelHorizontal As Integer = 1 Const SpssIGraphTickFormatFloating As Integer = 0 Const vbWhite As Long = 16777215 Const vbBlue As Long = 16711680 Const vbCyan As Long = 16776960 Const vbGreen As Long = 65280 Const vbMagenta As Long = 16711935 Const vbRed As Long = 255 Const vbYellow As Long = 65535 Const vbBlack As Long = 0

Public MyIGraph

Option Explicit

Sub Main

'Get the designated Output window: Dim objOutputDoc As ISpssOutputDoc Set objOutputDoc = objSpssApp.GetDesignatedOutputDoc

' Declare variables and get the output items object: Dim objOutputItems As ISpssItems Dim objOutputItem As ISpssItem Dim MyIGraph As ISpssIGraph Set objOutputItems = objOutputDoc.Items()

Dim DimensionSlot As Integer Dim MyScaleDimension As ISpssIGraphDimension Dim DimensionVariableName() As String

' Get each item in the Navigator. Dim i As Integer For i = 0 To objOutputItems.Count - 1 Set objOutputItem = objOutputItems.GetItem(i) If objOutputItem.SPSSType=SPSSIGraph Then Set MyIGraph = objOutputItem.Activate

Call FormatScaleDimension(MyIGraph, SpssIGraphY)

objOutputItem.Deactivate End If

Next

End Sub

Public Sub FormatScaleDimension(MyIGraph As ISpssIGraph, DimensionSlot As Integer)

' Declare variables Dim MyScaleDimension As ISpssIGraphDimension Dim DimensionVariableName() As String Dim MyVariableMgr As ISpssIGraphVariablesMgr

' First you need to make sure that the slot contains at least one variable and get the name ' of the variable(s). GetAssigned returns False if the specified slot does not contain a variable

Set MyVariableMgr= MyIGraph.VariablesMgr

If MyVariableMgr.GetAssigned(SpssIGraphY, DimensionVariableName) = True Then

' Next, check to see if the first variable is a scale variable.

If MyVariableMgr.Categorical(DimensionVariableName(0)) = False Then

'If it's a scale variable, retrieve its dimension object

Set MyScaleDimension = MyIGraph.VariablesMgr.GetDimension(SpssIGraphY)

With MyScaleDimension

' Turn off Automatic Scale Maximum ' .ScaleMaxAutomatic = False

' Set the Max to %90 of the Data's maximum ' .ScaleMax = .DataMax * .9

' Reverse the Scale ' .ReverseScale = True

.TickInterval=10

End With

' Always redraw the graph after making changes MyIGraph.Redraw End If

End If

End Sub

Tasneem Jappie Technical & Training Support SPSS-SA Silvermine House Steenberg Office Park Tokai 7945 South Africa Tel +27 21 702 4666 Fax +27 21 702 4333 E-mail: tech@spss-sa.com Web: www.spss-sa.com