Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:27:28 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "David B. Klein" <dbklein@sympatico.ca>
Subject:      Re: Pasting acctive pivot table into excel?

At 06:34 AM 10/8/2002 -0700, Jean Hanson wrote: >Dear Jim, >Try copying the pivot table as an object and then using paste special into >excel. >Jean Hanson

So far, I find this limitation to be the biggest turn-off about SPSS. I would like to get output into a Paradox data base, and have been spending entire days copying figures one by one into a Paradox table from an SPO file. And the graphical output files are vast. I have 500 MB of memory, and I'm getting a 300 MB memory charge when running SPSS with my output file loaded. "Bloatware," as they say, lacking the basic functionality of a 10-year-old, text-based software package that would output directly to a proper, exportable table.

David Klein