Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:13:37 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <atabachneck@ROGERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: What makes SAS unique?

I'm sure others can provide even more but, for starters:

*more data manipulation capabilities *more analytical capabilities and routines *more user control concerning how statistics are computed *more current users (I think), thus more individuals to collaborate with *more speed *more interfaces with current technological and analytical trends

Art -------------- "Joseph R. Maxberry, III" <jrmaxb3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dde7ae80.0210041241.198c24cf@posting.google.com... > I working on purchasing a single-user license for SAS v 8.2 in my > state agency. To insure procurrment, what makes SAS unique versus > SPSS, Minitab, etc? > > Joseph R. Maxberry, III > Statistician > SC Housing Finance & Development Authority > 919 Bluff Road > Columbia, SC 29201 > phone: (803) 734-2415 > fax: (803) 253-6856 > email: joseph.maxberry@sha.state.sc.us