Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:23:37 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Goldman, Brad (AT-Atlanta)" <Brad.Goldman@AUTOTRADER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Subscriber's Only?

Disagree -- the minimum is filters that do this automatically, or putting one-time burden in at subscribe time. The "keyword" solution calls for extra effort for each and every message posted. Note that for digest folks like myself, it is not simply a question of hitting reply, one must actually cut and paste the subject in (The default for this email was "RE: SAS-L Digest - 16 Oct 2002 - Special issue (#2002-1486)"). I would not like to have my posts deleted if I forgot that step, as does happen occasionally. A one time burden at subscribe time seems most reasonable, IMHO. Let's see what J Kelly can come with.