Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:20:00 +0000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Susanne Sardella <sms@COGNIGENCORP.COM>
Subject:   Faxing SAS reports

Hi,

We have a series of reports that will need to be faxed to about 500-750 different offices biweekly over several months. For these offices email is not an option. We will use email from SAS for the majority of the report mailings.

We are running on UNIX Sun Solaris with SAS 8.2. We have HylaFAX installed on a separate server with one line but our sys admin is investigating adding more lines to speed up the process. In looking at the documentation with HylaFAX, it appears I would have to create and store separate ASCII-text report files for each fax report. Has anyone used HylaFAX with SAS? With the email reports we are able to use the email option on the filename statement without the need to save separate reports, I guess we were hoping for a similar solution for the faxes.

Thanks for your help, I tried to give all the details on our setup but if there is any additional information that would help, please let me know.

-- Susanne M. Sardella Cognigen Corp. Voice: 716-633-3463 x226 Fax: 716-633-7404 http://www.cognigencorp.com