Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:52:48 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@DB.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to upload 140 millions of record  from SAS To SQL server
              table(single)
Comments: To: kavitha <kavitha.subramani@GEIND.GE.COM>

I looks like DTS concept might take more than 30 hours. How often would you need to perform this 140M load? How long were your sas programs taking to run in total ?

The first thing that comes to my mind is parallelising the I/O. Would DTS concept help with that? SAS can.

To let us judge how your sas programs can be improved. please post samples of the sas code to sas-L

HTH Peter Crawford