Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:48:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Patridge <Charles_S_Patridge@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Sleep Function for NON WINDOWS OS

Dear SAS-Lers,

Has anyone come up with a "neat" way of simulating the SLEEP FUNCTION that is available in the WINDOWS platform???

I would like to have a SAS program sleep for a specific period of time (say 5, 10, 15 etc minutes) in an OpenVMS environment before continuing its execution (tasks).

I know I could probably create a LOOP routine but was wondering if anyone has discovered a better way for various OS platforms.

Thanks in Advance, Charles Patridge Email: Charles.Patridge@thehartford.com