Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:08:40 -0500
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Hanrahan, Paul" <PHanrahan@OHIOSAVINGS.COM>
Subject:      Re: TCP/IP

And you can call tso from batch mode. - Paul

-----Original Message----- From: Pat Mihalec [mailto:Pat_Mihalec@RUSH.EDU] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 3:05 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCP/IP

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but from TSO you can ping a device the format is TSO PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Here is what I get back from the ping:

Ping CS V2R10: Pinging host 144.74.19.83. Use ATTN to interrupt. PING: Ping #1 response took 0.054 seconds. Successes so far 1.

I hope this will help.

Pat

Pat Mihalec Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center Senior System Programmer (312) 942-8386 pat_mihalec@rush.edu

"Masters, Paul" <paul1.masters@CITI To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU GROUP.COM> cc: Sent by: CICS List Subject: TCP/IP <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UG A.EDU>

11/18/2002 01:54 PM Please respond to CICS List

Any one have or know where I might get code (or format) to send and receive/respond to a standard TCP/IP PING?

I am sure that's in a book somewhere. A pointer to that book would be helpful. I am looking to put this in CICS.

(Someone found RFC 862 and 2151 but these are way too general, unless I am missing something.)

Thanks.

Paul Masters citigroup technology (cgti) solana data center TS/DBDC 817-317-8229 paul1.masters@citigroup.com

"You cannot solve the problem with the same kind of thinking that created the problem". - Einstein