Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:35:23 -0500
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Hanrahan, Paul" <PHanrahan@OHIOSAVINGS.COM>
Subject:      Re: TCP/IP

I don't know what to think but I provided a modified version of a program by Steve Ware that will try to contact a listener under CICS.

Paul

-----Original Message----- From: Kittendorf, Craig [mailto:kittendorf.craig@MAIL.DC.STATE.FL.US] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 4:32 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCP/IP

I interpreted his requirement as to send a ping to a device from CICS and receive the response (if any) back at CICS.

-----Original Message----- From: Beinert, William [mailto:BEINERTW@CONED.COM] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 4:24 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: TCP/IP

I don't understand why you would want to do this. Responding to a PING is a job for the TCP/IP stack at an address. Your CICS region is listening on ports assigned to it...You might find the port used by PING on the list of well-known ports, but if you listened on that port, you would have a conflict with the stack's native implementation.

Unless I'm missing something....

Bill

-----Original Message----- From: Masters, Paul [mailto:paul1.masters@CITIGROUP.COM] Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 2:54 PM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: TCP/IP

Any one have or know where I might get code (or format) to send and receive/respond to a standard TCP/IP PING?

I am sure that's in a book somewhere. A pointer to that book would be helpful. I am looking to put this in CICS.

(Someone found RFC 862 and 2151 but these are way too general, unless I am missing something.)

Thanks.

Paul Masters citigroup technology (cgti) solana data center TS/DBDC 817-317-8229 paul1.masters@citigroup.com

"You cannot solve the problem with the same kind of thinking that created the problem". - Einstein