Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:04:11 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   =?koi8-r?B?5dfHxc7JyiDiz8zY28/X?= <eugen@KCPIK.ORG.UA>
Subject:   Re: Nested items

Hello Mike! You should filter out the cases that have "no" value in first question. You can make it in following way: DATA>SELECT CASES>IF CONDITION IS SATISFIED>Question 1="yes". And after that use FREQUENCIES.

Eugen Bolshov Ukraine, Kiev

"Mike Martin" <mikemartin@utah.gov> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: news:sdd216b6.045@gwia2.state.ut.us... > Hello, > Your help with the following procedure would be very appreciated. I > will try to explain the situation as clearly as possible. I am > analyzing a survey and will use two questions as my example. If > possible, please explain possible solutions using SPSS 11.0 for Windows, > as I am very new to SPSS and only use this version. > > Question 1: Have you seen a doctor in the past six months? Yes (n=35) > / No (n=55) / Unknown (n=12) > > Question 2: If yes, did you receive the type of care you expect? > Yes/Sometimes/No > > **In order to analyze question 2 (simply create a table of > frequencies), I need to pull out the "yes" responses (n=35) from > question 1 only. How can this be accomplished? > > Thank you very much in advance. > RM >