Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:14:18 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         =?koi8-r?B?5dfHxc7JyiDiz8zY28/X?= <eugen@KCPIK.ORG.UA>
Subject:      How to cut a part of string variable?

Hello dear list-members! I have to solve such a problem. I've .sav file that contains about 500 cases and only 1 string variable. The string variable looks like 'word1 word2' where word1 is the town and word2 is the region. I need to divide this string variable into two: town and region. In other words, now I have

var1 'word1 word2'

and I want to have

var1 'word1' var2 'word2'

Can anyone help me?