Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:32:44 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   emaguin@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject:   Re: How to copy-paste columns of text or output?

This came up several years ago and spss' story then was that microsoft had changed something so that they (spss) couldn't support that feature. Of course, as we all know, word does, in fact, have a column cut/past (for those that don't know, it is Ctrl-Shift F8). It works very nicely thank you. Furthermore, a very nice text editor package, Multiedit, has column cut/paste--as do other text editors, i'll wager. Although there may be more to the story, i think the contrary evidence speaks loudly. That said, i don't know why column cut/paste isn't judged to be a worthwhile feature to have. (And, while we're at it, how many would vote for being able to recover more than just the last deletion--as can be done in word and many other editor programs?) But perhaps microsoft has chaged something there as well!

My advice is to find a text editor and use it for serious editting.

Gene Maguin