Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:50:39 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Audam, Suzette" <saudam@guttmacher.org>
Subject:      Re: Median with decimal places
Comments: To: Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>

You guys I just realized something very simple. Basic statistics 101. Median is central value when all cases are ordered. Obviously if my age variable is all whole number numbers then my median will also be a whole number. Thanks all for your help!!!!

-----Original Message----- From: Raynald Levesque [mailto:rlevesque@videotron.ca] Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 1:46 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Median with decimal places

Hi

One option is to: - calculate ages with 2 decimals - multiply the results by 100 - get the medians - divide the medians by 100.

HTH

Ray

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Audam, Suzette Sent: November 7, 2002 1:20 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Median with decimal places

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to tabulate a median in SPSS that carries the value out to several decimal places without rounding? The frequencies, means, and tables procedures all result in integer values such as 16.00, 17.00. I'm trying to determine the median age at first intercourse amongst various age groups, and integer values as useless to me.

Thanks for your help