Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:48:10 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         WIELKI Andre <wielki@INED.FR>
Subject:      Re: data _null_ and ODS RTF
Comments: To: "Carey G. Smoak" <carey.smoak@ROCHE.COM>
Comments: cc: RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM

Carey, There are two manner to utilize data _null_; with ods

ods listing close; ods rtf file="d:\ods\rtf\datanull.rtf"; data _null_; set sasuser.fitness (obs=10); file print notitles ; put @2 group 3. @10 runtime 5.2 @20 runpulse 6.1 +5 age 2.; run; ods rtf close; ods listing close; ods rtf file="d:\ods\rtf\datanullods.rtf"; data _null_; set sasuser.fitness (obs=10); file print notitles ods=(var=(group runtime runpulse age diff)); diff=maxpulse-runpulse; put group runtime runpulse age diff; run; ods rtf close;

All two are working good. Mikael Rhoads is right saying there is a print destination preexisting.

The difference between the two is that notitles has no effect in the second manner but you can enriched or modify quite a lot with titles footnotes and template in the second case. Of course if your original file print ... mask a special use of file print like header= and so on i cannot garanty it works in the second manner(You can try).

HTH Andre

At 12:01 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote: >Hi, I am trying to use ODS RTF with a data _null_ table. The program >works, but it automatically prints the table each time I run the program. >Here is an example of what I am doing: > >ODS RTF file='test.rtf'; > >data _null_; > set testdata; > file print notitles ...; > put ....; > . > . > . >run; > >ODS RTF close; > >When I run this type of program, I do get a table called 'test.rtf' with >the correct information. However, the 'file print' causes the file to >automatically be sent to my printer. If I change 'file print' to 'file >noprint' then 'test.rtf' is created, but there is no information in the >table (i.e., it creates a blank table). > >Does anyone out there have any experience using ODS RTF with data _null_ >tables? If so, can you shed any light on my problem? Thank you.

___________ WIELKI Andre INED - Service Informatique 133 Bd Davout, 75 980 Paris Cedex 20 FRANCE Tel: 01 56 06 21 54