Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:34:53 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Bruce Butts <BBUTTS@GW.ODH.STATE.OH.US>
Subject:   Specs for a new PC to run SAS & App Dev Studio

I have been requested to specify the characteristics-memory, storage, video etc. for a workgroup desktop machines for a group using SAS V8.2. At the present time, we develop SAS/Intrnet apps using base, we will be using App Dev Studio in the near future. My thoughts on this are whatever the processor is (probably a 1.7GHZ or better) we will want 1 Gig of Ram and about 80 Gig of storage to deal with our test files. Does anyone have any insight at video card/memory for doing GIS development? We have intentions of integrating ArcView maps with our web reporting to allow people to see their data on maps at finer resolution than the county level. Thanks in advance. Bruce.