Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:26:51 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   chuaby <chuaby@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   INSERT Set Column

Hi

I have an audit trail table with 20 columns.

I need to create a record that only update 3 fields. May i know how can i do that ?

I am trying to do something like (if the statement permits):

proc sql; Insert into Trail set Error_Msg = 'Missing Parameter', (CUSTID,TestID) = (select Distinct CUSTID,TESTID from MISSING) run;

instead of :

proc sql; Insert into Trail select '',''.....'', 'Missing Parameter',CUSTID,TestID from MISSING; run;

Reason being the Trail stucture keeps changing and i do not wish to change the SQL statement everytime when there is a change.

Thanks Boon Yiang