Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:21:39 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Warren Schlechte <warren.schlechte@ROCKETMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Need Nonparametric Paired Test for Serially Correlated Data

I wish to test whether one time series is significantly different (consistently higher or lower by testing the medians) than is another.

My first thought is to use a Wilcoxon Sign Rank Test, as these data are not normally distributed, but such a test requires independent samples.

Suggestions would be appreciated, especially those that are available in SAS. Formulae for construction of tests not available in SAS would be welcome as well. References would be useful, but because of my location, are less useful than the above two options.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Warren Schlechte HOH Fisheries Science Center HC7 Box 62 Ingram, Texas 78025 Phone: 830.866.3356 Fax: 830.866.3549