Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:35:22 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Quentin McMullen <Quentin_McMullen@BROWN.EDU>
Subject:   Basic HotFix question

Hi folks,

Well, I'm in the unfortunate position of having left SAS Mecca to return a bit closer to my native home. So without the assortment of Westat wizards to call on (or better yet, solve problems for me before I'm even aware of them), I suspect I'll be revealing much more of my igorance to the list in the future.

I have moved from a network install with other people taking care to make sure that my SAS was running nicely, to a local install (Win2000Pro /SAS 8.2) where it falls on my shoulders.

So what's the deal with the HotFixes? I should just go download all of the hotfixes/bundles I can find and install them (though perhaps not the one described by stephen.dunn@HIGHWAY-INSURANCE.CO.UK)? And then I should make sure everyone else in our group has installed the same fixes? And as new HotFixes are released continue to install them?

I guess in general, I'd be grateful for any thoughts/SUGI papers on *basic* issues of managing a local SAS installation. Even simple stuff such as which official SAS email lists etc should I subscribe to in order to get notifications of new problems/fixes....

Thanks for your help, --Quentin