Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:28:15 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joel Snyder <jss47@cornell.edu>
Subject:      MANOVA: post-hoc testing

I am trying to do post-hoc tests with MANOVA in SPSS 10 and can't figure out what the best option is. My design has three repeated measure factors, one of which is nested in another. Here is the basic syntax I am using:

MANOVA TO111 TO TO338 /WSFACTOR=ST(2) VER(3) EXC(4) /WSDESIGN=ST VER EXC W ST ST*VER VER*EXC W ST /MEASURE=TWOONE.

This gives me all of the main effects and interactions specified but I now would like to test for differences in means between levels of my factors with >2 levels (e.g., VER and EXC). Is this possible using MANOVA?

Alternatively, is it possible to get a precise estimate of the MS error values from the output. As it is now, I can only get two decimal places. This prevents me from using the MS error value to calculate my own post-hoc tests (e.g., Bonferonni).

Thanks in advance, Joel

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joel Snyder Cornell University Uris Hall Dept. of Psychology Ithaca, NY 14853 USA

(607) 255-6398 (o) (607) 255-8433 (fax) email: jss47@cornell.edu http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jss47/