Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:40:50 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Huang, Ya" <yhuang@AMYLIN.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS Viewer issue
Comments: To: Lauren Haworth <haworthl@GENE.COM>

Hi Lauren,

I asked the same question early this year, and we conclude that it is a bug!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ya+huang+sas+viewer+bug+group:comp.soft-sys.sas&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=D1539850DE7DD111B6400008C720C4A80460C566%40cfc-mail.cfc.wa.gov&rnum=1

It has something to do with the format and length of the character var.

Kind regards,

Ya

-----Original Message----- From: Lauren Haworth [mailto:haworthl@GENE.COM] Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 1:36 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS Viewer issue

Has anyone ever seen a SAS transport file, viewed with the SAS viewer, showing two variables concatenated in one column. The file looks fine when extracted back into a regular SAS data set, but in the viewer, we have two character variables that are showing up in the column that's supposed to be for the first variable, followed by a second column with the second variable alone.

The data should look like:

charvar1 charvar2 ABCD 1234 BCDE 2345

But instead it looks like this in the SAS viewer:

charvar1 charvar2 ABCD1234 1234 BCDE2345 2345

Any ideas? We have v8.2.0.193 of the viewer.

TIA,

Lauren