Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:19:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Boyd Newlin <NewlinBo@FHSC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Macro Variables: Deleting

David,

Here is way you can do it ...

proc sql stimer noprint; select '%let '||trim(left(name))||'= ;' as clearit into : clear separated by ' ' from dictionary.macros where scope = 'GLOBAL' & VALUE > ' '; quit;

&clear;

This simply sets all macro variables to null.

Boyd

Boyd Newlin Health Metrics First Health Services Corp 4300 Cox Road Glen Allen, VA 23060 804 934-3209 newlinbo@fhsc.com

>>> Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@DB.COM> 12/10/02 09:53AM >>> It might be simpler to start a new session ............... If you want to go down new-ish methodologies .... and have sas/connect available..... you might put each of these "SAS program" tasks into a sas/connect "remote" session which is just starting another sas session on your platform. Then with connectwait=NO, you can sit back and watch (with command rdisplay) your system perform multiple sas jobs concurrently !

Using this sas/connect methodology knowmn as MPconnect is a lot more interesting than trying to "clean" your current environment of not only those macro variables but also macros, formats and perhaps other, more or less-obvious, global options.

Good Luck Peter Crawford