Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:11:10 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Gregg P. Snell" <GSnell@DATASAVANTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:   Re: Exploring UNIX directories within PC SAS
Comments:   To: Dave Foot <footd@NORWICH-UNION.CO.UK>

UltraEdit will do exactly what you want (http://www.ultraedit.com/) and it does syntax highlighting. As a consultant, I never leave home without it!

(pause for groans)

Another option that you can use with/without UltraEdit is to install Samba on your unix system and the file systems will appear as shared drives/folders in Explorer.

Regards,

Gregg P. Snell Data Savant Consulting

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Dave Foot Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 8:34 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Exploring UNIX directories within PC SAS

Until recently, we have done all development work on our UNIX server using Xwindows. Due to speed/response times issues with the GUI, we are using PC SAS to remote submit code to the UNIX server. This all works fine, but the icing on the cake would be the ability to use to 'Explorer' in PC SAS to view programs stored on the UNIX server (they are in multiple directories).

Potentially, I would want to open the code in the Program Editor, submit/modify the code, then write back to the UNIX server.

Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received.