Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:37:13 +0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         =?gb2312?q?Johnson=20Chang?= <jchangmail@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: words on reports changed to lower case?

Hello Lex,

Is there a standard procedure to migration with different version? are there some comprehasive tech reports talking about these migration?

if differences are found, how to settle them? i means not all differences are resulted in the same change. e.g i found the normality test output different values from v6 to v8, and some "out= " statements in proc behavour differently, so the created datasets are somewhat different as you mentioned.

How to process this difference when we finalized the project report? it is also a problem to me these days when we almost finished a study.

Any suggestions, comments or references are appreciated,

J Chang

--- Lex jansen <l.jansen@LEX-JANSEN.DEMON.NL> 的正文:> Sterling, > > At the pharmaceutical company I work for, we did a 'SASv6 to SASv8 > migration' validation. > We took 16 completed trials, each 30-40 SAS programs and ran all those > programs in SASv8 again. > Then we compared the datasets that were created and we compared the output > (listings, tables, analyses) that was created. > > For comparing the datasets we used a SAS macro that used PROC COMPARE. > Some differences would show up because we had the creation date in dataset > labels. > Also we noticed that the ROUND function had changed ... > > Our listings, tables and analyses have the creation date as well in a > footnote. > For comparing ASCII output we used the CSDIFF utility > (www.componentsoftware.com). > Before we compared, we stripped out the date dependent footnotes. > Most trouble we had was because SASv8 changed it's behaviour with respect to > ORDER variables in PROC REPORT. > (SASNOTE: SN-003866: DISPLAY variable order in the COLUMN statement has no > effect on the collating sequence of GROUP and ORDER variables) > > Hope this helps, > > Lex Jansen