Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:26:07 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Twiggy182 <twiggy182@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Passing parameter to a script under UNIX

Hi,

I got a script that print some information in two differents files. But now I need to change the name of theses files ( who were hardcoded ) at each execution. So I tried to pass parameter to my script this way

"sas myscriptname.sas -sysparm 'file1.ext file2.ext'"

and access them with

"proc printto print = %scan( &sysparm, 1 )" and "proc printto print = %scan( &sysparm, 2 )"

but the two files produce are "file1.lst" and "ext.lst".

Then I tried

"proc printto print = %scan( &sysparm, 1, ' ')" "proc printto print = %scan( &sysparm, 2, ' ')"

but then the two files were print in the file "myscriptname.lst".

So could you please help me to understand how parameter work!

Thank you

Twiggy