Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:47:41 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Burleson,Joseph A." <burleson@up.uchc.edu>
Subject:      Re: Repeated measures
Comments: To: Bautista Christian <cbautista@NMRCD.MED.NAVY.MIL>

Use GLM. One between-subjects variable (Treatment), one within-subjects variable (time). Look at the Time X Treatment interaction. If it is sig, one group improved more than the other.

-Joe Burleson

-----Original Message----- From: Bautista Christian [mailto:cbautista@NMRCD.MED.NAVY.MIL] Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 8:19 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Repeated measures

Hi list,

I have a trial study where there are two groups (placebo and intervention).

STEP 1. At the beginning of the study I have collected a quantitative measure (weight) for each participant in each group.

STEP 2. Then, we have given a special diet for all participants of the intervention group and a normal diet for the place group.

STEP 3. After 10 days we have measured their weigth again for all participant in each group.

ANALYSIS PLAN a) Apply paired-samples t-test to evaluate the difference OF WEIGHT (before-after) in each group separately.

QUESTION I need to know if there is a difference of weight between both groups.

What statistical test I have to use?

I was thinking in General Lineal Model for repeated measures but I have only two measures.

PROBABLE SOLUTION I migth calculate the difference of weight (before-after) for each group and then to evaluate this difference using a simple Student t test.

Thanks in advance,

/Christian