Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:54:45 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Problem with SAS/AF v8.2

"BDM" <bouna_boy@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:3E314AE8.7EF37621@yahoo.fr... > Hi, > > I used to create frames with SAS v6.12 but I never use SAS 8.2. > > 1/ I create a frame, add a formviewer control, and inside this last one > I add other controls like Text Entry, Push Button ...etc. > But in the SCL Program associated to this frame, I can't affect any > value to any attribute of any control which is inside the formview > control (for example : Text_Entry_Name = 'Open' or Text_Entry_Name.text > = 'Open'). In the log file SAS says : the Text_Entry_Name is not an > object. > > Should I declare this object inside the SCL Program or reference the > Text Entry control like this : FormView_Name.Text_Entry_Name.text = > 'Open' ? > > 2/ I'm looking for examples of application developped whith SAS/AF v8.2. > Thanks in advance for sending me some ones. > > > Thanks.

Any objects inside a viewer can only be dealt with inside modelscl assigned to the viewer. Modelscl is in a separate catalog entry than the frame's scl. A beginner would typically place controls outside the form viewer, but your case may indeed require them inside. I have answered many questions about modelscl in the past, so check the archives @ google or uga. I also have many AF examples publised at the site in my sig.

-- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/af