Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:07:06 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sam <archana_gs@MAILCITY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sas data validation

Thanks replying my question.I known sas programming ,but not in pharma area .I know all the terms,I need what other responsibility for reviewing the CRF's .Can u Please tell me what proc statements should we use for data validation.I thought data validation is to check for data consistency ,check for duplicaate records ,unique key var. I read an artical that IntrNet can used for Edit Check.Can u please explain about edit check.

thank you

"Roland" <roland@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<av9kc6$4cu$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>... > "Sam" <archana_gs@mailcity.com> wrote in message > news:1238388.0301050729.7e06447e@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > I need known what is sas Data validation? According to my > > knowledgeit is used to detect errors while entering the data.It can be > > done thro sas datasets and Proc sql.what is edit check for data > > validation .My another quetion is about CRF's, what is reviewing > > protocols ,CRF and statistical plans and Annotate CRF.I would really > > appreciate if any one answer my questions. > > It is to do with Clinical trials. Data validation will not be just checking > data on entry but will mean cross-checks and feasibility checks as well, > most of which will be done post-data entry. Proc sql probably won't come > into it. Reviewing protocols means reading and perhaps criticising the > set-up of a clinical trial. The protocol are the processes written down that > everybody agrees to follow before the clinical trial starts. CRF's are case > report forms. That is the document (either paper or electronic) in which > data for the subjects is entered. You have to make sure this will clearly > capture the information you need and is understandable and clear. > Statistical plans are the proposed method for analysing the data that has to > be agreed before a clinical trial starts. An annnotated CRF is a blank copy > of the CRF with the field names written again the entry boxes and other > identifying information so that the programmers can match the data back to > the box that was filled in. > > If you are not a statistician then don't bother applying for a job involving > this.